• User tests • Interviews with medical teams • Prototyping • Measurement of results • Delivering based on agile framework.
These were some of the open fronts for the insertion of the design culture in the project and in the company.
ABOUT THE PROBLEM
We had 3 different separate systems that needed to be connected to increase the productivity of the service process and the generation of data from the medical services of own hospitals, clinics and accredited hospitals. More than meeting a demand from the board, I needed to understand what the pains of the teams were to then propose changes of all kinds.
• According to doctors and staff, the biggest problem in assisting patients was the intermittent system, which made the consultation less efficient than expected.
• Most of the fields to be filled in the 3 systems did not meet some recurring protocols. There was no flexibility to add new ones.
• The visual experience on the platforms was not the best, first due to the use of obsolete technology and visually did not pass credibility and did not facilitate navigation.
• And most importantly, no members of the medical teams have been consulted previously to help redesign these work tools.
After conversations with the teams and a mind node later, I organized the ideas through high-fidelity prototypes produced at Axure. They were tested and adjusted to then pass the UI Design phase, giving colour and shape to what was thinking about the UX stage.
This was the company's first project treated as a product. This means that since the beginning of the first conversations, the product has been thinking in a scalable way and for that to happen with consistency and to solve the visual problem mentioned by the teams, a design system was thought to give due importance to each point of the platform.
“Right after the first conversation with the design team, we realized that the approach was going in another direction, bringing the concern not only to serve us as a company but to patients and especially to medical teams, which reflected in improving everyone's performance. the departments of UHG“- Thiago, product manager
A responsive platform is designed to be accessed under different screen resolutions, making it possible to read all information without any restrictions, from the desktop to mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
For the mobile version, we made some adjustments so that the experience was the same as a native application since mobile devices ask for different and specific interactions in order to optimize the performance of the user and the system.
THE TEAM THAT PUT THIS UP
The team that put this project to work was composed of 3 .NET Core developers, 2 React developers, 2 UX Designers, 3 UI Designers, 1 project manager and a product manager. The product was developed using agile framework and Kanban for the delivery of sprints:
• Value deliveries made every 15 days
• User tests
• Design sprints for problem-solving
• Working together among project leaders, from design to development in the IT department.
WHAT WE LEARN FROM THIS
We learned that not always improving the performance of a team is linked only to the bureaucratic part, it is necessary to understand all the parties involved in the business, from the executive scale such as directors and managers to the operational scale, in this case, doctors, nurses and health agents. Cheers. Making work steps less bureaucratic and providing infrastructure also contribute to performance.
• Increased improvement in patient care quality by up to 62% *
• Increased productivity of nursing techniques and quality of care
• Cleaner data in the database (business analytics)
• Cross-checking sensitive patient data more quickly shared
among all medical teams.
Studiofabrica105©2011-2020 • All rights reserved